WordPress Front End Designer + SEO
This role sits within our Media Services team, which encompasses website design and digital marketing.
We’re good at what we do, we’re good at SEO and due to this success and an ever-increasing workload, we need to add to our already talented team of 6 front-end designers and SEO experts. This really is a varied and challenging role.
You’ll be designing a website (often based on our successful portfolio) and implementing it using WordPress, getting involved in weekly technical on-page SEO days to increase website visibility, undertake an onboarding call with a client before designing their site, test websites before launch, talk to clients about their SEO and provide support to Account Directors in the results of websites and what they’re achieving, and how to get more! There’s a great team here and loads of support.
Who you are
You could be from a technical OR design background, to us that doesn’t matter in so much as we’ll train you. What matters to us is your passion for great-looking usable websites, have a very keen interest in the marketing of those sites, and are happy working in a fast-paced environment.
We’re looking for someone to come in and take over a set of SEO clients, plus get stuck into the design and build of the websites.
Most of all we’re looking for a positive, can-do type of attitude where you don’t mind rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in.
This role reports to the Head of Media Services.
We'd like everyone on our team to...
- Have strong communication and organisational skills
- Work effectively individually and as part of the team
- Confidently make informed decisions & know when to ask for assistance
- Have a proactive work ethic and be highly motivated
- Collaborate with Account Directors to help their clients’ websites achieve leads
Skills this role needs you to have...
- Experience building responsive WordPress / WooCommerce sites
- Excellent skills in HTML and CSS
- Photoshop or similar image editing software experience
- Experience or an interest in on-page SEO
Desirable but not essential as these can be taught:
- WordPress page builder knowledge
- What levers to pull to positively affect Core Web Vitals
- Google Tag Manager knowledge, setting up tags and events, troubleshooting
- Google Analytics implementation, including goals and reporting
- Excel knowledge and data manipulation
- Adobe Creative Cloud or similar design/layout software
- Understanding of UX principles
- Experience in working within a project management system
- Understanding of agile and waterfall methodologies
- Google AdWords campaign build & management
- Social Media campaign build & management
Key competencies and behaviours:
- Accountability – Take ownership of your projects from beginning through to testing new websites prior to release to the client
- Collaboration – work closely with Account Directors to help their clients’ websites achieve success. Also working with the client throughout the design and build phase to get the website live
- Problem Solving and Analysis – during SEO days analyse your list of SEO clients’ websites and what changes need to happen to positively increase rankings / conversion
- Teamwork – have a sense of ownership and urgency, working well with your team
- Motivation – Self-motivated to go beyond when required to deliver the best result for the business and its clients
This position comes with the following benefits:
We promote an open, positive working environment, with a professional yet easy-going atmosphere. As a growing agency you will have a real opportunity to help shape our future, and the role is only limited by your imagination and business acumen.
- Salary £26k - £30k / year (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday (which includes bank holidays)
- Pension plan, including company contributions
- Optional private healthcare cover
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Regular social activities based around significant company achievements
- Coffee & tea included & the odd "Naughty" trip to the bakery for Sausage Baps & Cakes!
- Casual dress
- Team & Company events
Interested? We'd love to hear from you!
WHEN APPLYING - PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO OF WORK or LIST OUT A SELECTION OF YOUR TOP 5 WEBSITES YOU'VE CREATED. If you have any questions, please include them when you send your CV & portfolio.
No agencies and no freelancers.
Job Type: Full-time (Monday to Friday)